In Part 3 last week, we took the required time to see how to setup a routine on your Amazon Echo Dot.
To set the mood of the 5th part, let us analyze how we, old fashionedly, used to set an appointment or event on a calendar. You either use your favorite calendar application or any other way you get it done. No matter how you get it solved, it cannot be easier and faster than with the help of a Smart Speaker, in our case Amazon Echo Dot, 3rd generation.
To setup an event in your calendar so that Alexa can help you organize your life, you have to configure that calendar App with your Echo Dot. To do so I would highly advise you to get your computer and open this link in your browser. It will not work so easily with the Alexa App, at least at the time when I tried it. I found it easier to get it done on your computer.
Follow these steps:
- Make sure your amazon Alexa is online. Just say, “Alexa, how are you?” If she answers, then you can move to the next steps.
- Go to the link i mentioned and login in with your amazon account (Click here)
- From the left side menu, move down and click on “Settings”
- Click on “Calendar”
- Click on your favorite Calendar Application (I use Google Calendar)
- Follow the instructions and you should get a confirmation the setup is done on screen
Now you need to go back to your echo dot and say: "Alexa, Add to my Calendar". Answer Alexa questions and enjoy using your calendar by setting up all of your events or appointments. If you want to know what is next on your calendar at anytime, just say: "Alexa, what’s on my calendar?"
Pro Tip: Always try to speak with Alexa naturally, help make AI as close to humans as it can be.
What I love about Alexa, when she does not know something she tells you that straight: Sorry, I don't know that. If you want to receive other tips and tricks on how to get the most out of Alexa please enter your email and press send. See you next week for Last Part of this detailed guide: "How to learn with your Amazon Echo Dot".
Or you can just follow us on: